KIAS Organizing A Workshop On Chemical Lab Safety
Kathmandu Institute of Applied Sciences (KIAS) is organizing a workshop on chemistry laboratory safety issues in September this year.
A recently published research from KIAS and Tribhuvan University has shown that safety in teaching labs in Nepal is generally neglected. Many chemistry teachers who participated in the research had said that they would benefit from regular safety training and workshops. This workshop aims to offer a forum for researchers, faculty, a lab in charge, administrators, and policymakers for a common goal of improving the safety in chemistry teaching labs in Nepal.
Speakers and panelists will provide their perspective on topics including standard protocols to ensure safety in teaching labs, the status of safety issues in Nepali teaching labs, efforts & approaches of our teaching institutions and government agencies to creating a safe lab environment. In addition, participants will be divided into small workgroups to develop action items aimed at improving specific areas of lab safety.
Participants will receive a certificate after completion of the day-long workshop.
Target participants: High school and college/university chemistry teachers/faculty and Ph.D. students
Date & time: 2 September 2017; 10:30 to 16:00
Location: Uniglobe SS/College, Kamaladi, Kathmandu, Nepal
Registration fee: NRs. 200
Registration deadline: 25 August 2017
- Dr. Basant Giri (Kathmandu Institute of Applied Sciences, Kathmandu)
- Dr. Bhanu Bhakta Neupane (Tribhuvan University, Kathmandu)
- Dr. Mahendra Thapa (Kathmandu Institute of Applied Sciences & Uniglobe HSS/College, Kathmandu)
- Mr. Jaya Ram Ghimire (Uniglobe SS/College, Kathmandu)
- Mr. Jaya Prasad Paudyal (Uniglobe SS/College, Kathmandu)
- Mr. Shiba Kumar Oli (Uniglobe SS/College, Kathmandu)
For registration complete, the online form below – Only selected registrants will be invited for the workshop due to limited space.